Naturally Dyed Workshops
Explore the art of natural dyeing using locally sourced plant materials in this eco-friendly experimental workshop. In this workshop, we will share knowledge and investigate
· Which fabrics dye well and why
· How to get dye from natural sources
· How to mordant (fix) the dye to the fabric.
Most importantly you will gain the knowledge to continue experimenting at home.
When Sunday 22nd September Saturday 26th October
Saturday 5th October Sunday 3rd November
Sunday 6th October Sunday 17th November
Sunday 13th October Sunday 24th November
How much $90
Where My Studio contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring
· Light coloured 100% silk or wool fabric - preferably second hand, like some of the old wool blankets you can get in op shops! 100% linen and cotton will dye but to a lesser degree. Fabrics can be in small pieces or long lengths
· Interesting bits of old metal (eg, copper, iron) up to 30cm long - rust is great, as is texture
· Cord, thick wool or metal wire to bind pieces Thread, assorted needles, bulldog clips
· An apron, gloves, notepad and pen
Dyes, mordants and some suitable fabric will be provided. This list is not exhaustive.
If you feel inspired to bring anything else, please do... sharing and swapping of items encouraged!
This is a one day workshop running from 10.00 to 4.30.
Please email me with your preferred date. Classes are limited to 5 students
Arrangements for payment will be offered once classes are consolidated