Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cranes, not a Thousand

Thankyou to my boys, Oskar and Kaspar. They love folding paper, making planes, launching them off the top decking and willing them to reach the creek far below; oh! the elation when one nearly did!

So I thought, with my off cuts of dyed silk and my 'waste not, want not' ethic, that I would turn these pieces into silk planes. Planes that would be beyond beauty, planes that would glide gracefully in mid air, planes that would be durable and loved by adults and children alike.



But planes have a reverse side and thats were the fabric stiffner is, which isn't beyond beauty, doesn't look to graceful gliding in mid air and isn't loved by adults and children alike.



......so I made cranes instead....and I am happy. x

No comments:

Post a Comment